Mobile Apps for Savy Business Owners
Summer is here, and it is time to take advantage of the warm weather and enjoy the rays before they are long gone. Unfortunately for most small business owners, built in vacation days do not always come with the territory. But that doesn't mean that you can't still reward yourself with time off and still manage to stay on top of your business operations. With the advent of smart phones and tablets, you can still do many of the same things you normally do in the office while you are on the go! Here are a few mobile apps that can keep you abreast of your daily business operations while you are lounging by the pool:
- Wunderlist This app has become my absolute favorite for keeping me organized. Wunderlist is a free mobile app that allows you to make To Do lists with different categories. Separate your tasks into work related lists, Personal, Wish Lists, and many more. You can even add your own customized lists and sort them according to their order of importance.
- Google Drive Google Drive is the answer to the mobile business owner's needs. Create documents for all of your business needs, and even share documents with others at the touch of a button.
- Fill & Sign PDF Forms The name is self explanatory, but the concept is genius. Closing a deal on the go sometimes means signing important docs that must be protected in a PDF form. With this convenient app you can fill and sign pdfs, attach photos, saved created docs, and mail them to the appropriate parties.
- Go To Meeting Go To Meeting makes it easier to communicate with staff members and colleagues, and even attend or conduct webinars. This mobile version allows you to do everything that is possible with Go To Meeting on the web, including the ability to tap a link within an email to go straight to the meeting. You can even type Q&As and hand off presentation control all within the app.
- Square Register If your business consists of retail sales, you don't have to discontinue your sales just because you are not in your storefront. Square Register allows you accept credit and debit cards wherever you go by adding a small card reader onto your cell phone. Funds are deposited to your linked account within one to two business days. Summer travel doesn't have to mean losing money by neglecting your business. The beauty of technology and access to free and reasonably priced resources allows you to make the most of your business and still enjoy your time away from the office.
What are some of your favorite mobile apps? What is your advice to business owners who are on the go?